Principle of Volcanic Eruption
The combination of baking soda, citric acid, and water creates a volcanic eruption scenario because baking soda is alkaline and citric acid is acidic. When these two substances react, they generate a large amount of carbon dioxide gas, which easily decomposes and escapes from the solution. This process forms bubbles and releases heat, resulting in a volcanic eruption when it occurs within a confined space.
- Check if all the attachments are complete.
- Mix water and plaster powder in a ratio of 3:10.
- Pour the well-mixed plaster into the volcano mold.
- Wait for 24 hours for the plaster to dry.
- Create a gypsum model according to your imagination.
- Add the powder of citric acid and baking soda to the top of the volcano. Add water, and you will witness the eruption effect of the volcano.
- 500 grams of plaster powder
- Measuring cup
- Six-color paint strips
- Volcano mold
- 10 grams of baking soda
- 10 grams of citric acid
- Stirring rod
- Safety goggles
- Instruction manual
- Not suitable for children under 8 years old.
- Use under adult supervision.
- Read the instructions before use and follow them as a reference.
- Avoid contact of the chemicals with any part of the body, especially the mouth and eyes.
- Keep children and pets away from the experiment.
- Keep the experimental setup out of reach of children under 8 years old.
- Read and follow these safety precautions and safety rules and first aid information. Permission from parents or adults is required and supervision by parents is needed before starting the experiment.
- Keep the activity area clean and away from food storage. The activity area should be well-lit, well-ventilated, and close to a water source. Clean the activity area immediately after each experiment.
- Wash hands and clean all equipment after each experiment.
- Do not use equipment or tools not provided or recommended in the manual for the experiment.
- Do not eat or drink within the activity area. Do not consume or ingest the experimental products unless stated that it is safe to do so. Do not put accessories related to this product in the mouth.
- Some experiments may require the use of common household items. Always consult and obtain permission from an adult before using these items.
- Seek medical attention immediately if you experience any allergic reactions to the product. Bring the product and follow the instructions when seeking medical help.
- Thoroughly wash hands after the experiment.